11/01/2009

Back on the road

Now I am back on the road, have been to Denver, Seattle, New York and London in the past 3 weeks. Taking red eye, cross country and international flights, while pumping every 3-4 hours. Getting mixed reactions on the fact that I am still nursing, some say it is the best thing I can do for my baby, some say "oh my gosh, are you out of your mind", and some say "I feel sorry for you". Oh, well, it is ONE thing I have decided to do for little Ellie and I am sticking to it. When I was Ellie's age, my mom unfortunately could not breastfeed me because she was quite sick at the time, I would do all within my powers to provide for my baby.

The $400 Medela pump I have bought is also saving my life - I can pump in the airport, on the plane, at work and in the hotels with complete mobility. Perhaps I will try pump in the car next time I drive up to the city. I can read, listen to music and watch TV while pumping, quite helpful since it could be so boring listen to the machine humming away every few hours.

Last night was Halloween, quite a few kids came knock on the door for trick or treats, but Dan said the traffic is far less than prior years. We think it is because the wide spread swine flu or the fear of it. So we kept Ellie at home, next year perhaps we will take her out in a costume and get on her first trick or treats.

No comments: