11/14/2009

Emergency Shopping

I packed everything, pump, tubes, charger, wipes, extra battery, vitamins, cooler, ice packs, you name it, except for my pair of black dress pants. I found myself having nothing to wear the next day the night I flew to Boston, Hmmm, emergency shopping seems to be in the order.

Fortunately the hotel is connected to one of the biggest and best shopping mall in downtown Boston, the prudential mall. I went to Express, found a pair of nice black Editor pants, only $89. Trying it on, it was just a bit too long for my pair of slacks...on well, might as well buy a new pair of shoes with heels while I was at it. So I went to Aldo, got the clerk finding me what's in fashion but not too uncomfortable (if you know what I mean), tried it on, walked around the store, thinking I should be able to handle running through airports with these. It was $129 and not on sale. I don't understand why the things I like are always not on sale. Well, my mom always told me the way I shop, I will never get good deals - I buy, and I don't shop. In fact, I probably bought all my coats, suits, shoes, shirts, dresses, and even the Calvin Klein leather belt via emergency shopping...the belt was from Macy's in Bellevue, Washington while I was working with Microsoft.

But, it is all worth it. I wore my new pants and new shoes, and the jacket (god bless I did not have to buy a new jacket) to see my clients, and the retirement dinner at Clios in the Elliott Hotel for one of the partners. Felt great. Now, that's priceless.

No comments: