2/13/2010

Vancouver Olympic 2010

My co-workers and I sat at the high rise office building looking out the window on Thursday and observed the Olympic torch relay in Burnaby. Crowd was there, policy cars were there and what's most moving was that the torch was carried by a paraolympic athlete sitting in a wheel chair, no motor, just by her bare hands, rolling the chair for the 3 miles while carrying the torch. I missed watching the opening ceremony on Friday, need to catch up on the Internet some time, I heard it was wonderful.

One of my clients is going through tough personal issues, I can see how those things are getting through to her, wearing and tearing her down. She is a brave lady who survived cancer, a divorce and over ten years of a significantly handicapped child, so she said she can get through anything but still it takes toll on her. We chatted from time to time, I think women communicates different, we appreciate a pair of sympathetic ears and just someone who is willing to listen, and things feel better that way.

No comments: