2/21/2010

Commisary and Frankfurt

It is Sunday today, I am on my way to Kronberg. Spent a whole day with Ellie and grandma yesterday, we went to the Commisary and bought a ton of stuff for everyone, Grandma also got a nice haircut from the same place that I go to, she liked my style and wanted to experiment on herself :)

Dan and I had two date nights this week, or more accurately, a date night that was executed in 2 parts: Friday we went out for a nice Korean BBQ dinner, and Saturday night we went to see Avatar in 3D. I have to say I was really impressed by the movie, they did not overdo the 3D effect, rather did it whenever it makes the most sense, the storyline was good and the acting was very nature. It is sad so many good people died but overall the good defeated the evil, the tree of the souls stood tall and the loved ones were united.

Dan and I took Ellie to friends' house last weekend to celebrate Chinese New Year of the Tiger. We had probably the most festival feast throughout the year, home made dumplings, Chicken soup stew, pork short ribs, grilled lamb, a whole salmon, mushrooms, and lots of little side dishes. Ellie had her first Durian, honestly, it was the first time for Dan and myself too. It smells funny but tastes really nice. It is full of nutrients and supposedly very good for babies and kids.

No comments: