12/12/2009

Vancouver

Spent a whole week in Vancouver, mobilizing teams for a large project we are about to launch at the beginning of the new year. I have to say I was very impressed by the Westin Grand hotel experience: taking the taxi from the airport to the hotel, the driver said he could not take my credit card because his machine is broken, the door man immediately offered to help, he ran in to the lobby and 1 min later came back with some Canadian cash and paid the taxi driver off. He was very efficient and knew exactly what to do, unlike many other hotels I have been where they just ask me to find the nearest ATM machine. Instead, he paid and easily added the bill to my room, win win for everybody, think about how dreadful it would be to get to a ATM machine after many hours on the road as is.

Vancouver is nice city, buzzing with activities and 2011 winter Olympic game preparation activities. Lots of restaurants to choose from, very international. I enjoyed it. It looks like I will be coming here quite a bit in the next few months, the only thing not so attractive is the freezing wind and late sunrise and early sunset.

No comments: